About Me

My photo
Call me J, I'm a 21 year old born and raised Upstate New Yorker living in Kailua, Oahu with my boyfriend, N. We have 2 twin baby hounds, Duke and DaisyMay. They are the cutest things!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chick Flicks

Chick Flicks:

I use to always question why my species, why my race, why every female I know is infatuated with the chick flick, romance genre when it comes to movies. I’m a 21 year-old female who has really never found a chick flick that she absolutely has fallen in love with. I mean don’t get me wrong there are some decent romantic movies but I can’t really rate any of them in my top 5, not even if my top 10! I’ve decided that I’m going on a mission, I’m determined to find a chick flick that I absolutely can’t live without and I finally rank as in my top 5.

I’m going to start with some of the most recent chick flicks and slowly work my way backwards. I’m going to be using a list that I found online from the website, http://lafemmereel.com/blog/chick-flick-list/

Hopefully it will give me a good guide to finding that “one” or if it will actually surprise me I just might find more then that. But I’m not quite sure what exactly it is I’m looking for. I’m pretty broad in my top 5 movies of all time as it is. Here is my current list, which isn’t in any given order, just a typical top 5!

  1. Transformers
  2. Little Mermaid (this is a children’s movie, not a chick flick)
  3. Schindler’s List
  4. The Dark Knight
  5. Supertroopers

Now don’t start to judge that I’m not very cultured in the movie area and don’t know what I’m talking about. That’s the point of this journey to find out more about this form of entertainment and to find perhaps a chick flick that I can add to my top 5.

I’ve actually surprisingly seen a good deal of the movies listed at least underneath the 2000-2008 list. Then after that it gets a little less and less and then eventually I’ve never even heard the movie that’s even listed.

While I’m writing about this and letting my feelings be known about each movie and giving them a rating based on what I thought. I’ll also be blogging about so much more as well.

These things are:

Daily Thoughts

Funny Jokes

Relationships

Daisy & Duke

Advice I’ve received or given

Decorating Ideas

Movie Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment